The Department of Defense announced today its recruiting and retention
statistics for the active and reserve components for the month of August.
- Recruiting. All services met or exceeded recruiting goals for
- Army - 8,285 accessions with a goal of 6,100; 136 percent
- Navy - 3,289 accessions with a goal of 3,289 ; 100 percent
- Marine Corps - 3,393 accessions with a goal of 3,073; 110 percent
- Air Force - 2,681 accessions with a goal of 2,681; 100 percent
- Retention. Retentions continues to be very strong as all four
Active Component Services met or exceeded their retention goals.
- Accessions. All six reserve components met their monthly mission
for August and are on track to success for fiscal year 09.
- Army National Guard - 2,337 accessions with a goal of 4,277; 55
- Army Reserve - 1,478 accessions with a goal of 1,208; 122 percent
- Navy Reserve - 636 accessions with a goal of 636; 100 percent
- Marine Corps Reserve - 433 accessions with a goal of 565;
- Air National Guard - 688 accessions with a goal of 840; 82 percent
- Air Force Reserve - 827 accessions with a goal of 167; 495 percent
- Attrition. Losses in all Reserve components were within
Detailed information on specific recruiting data can be obtained by
contacting the individual military recruiting commands at (502) 626-0164 for
Army, (210) 565-4678 for Air Force, (703) 784-9454 for Marine Corps and
(901) 874-9049 for Navy. The reserve components can be reached at the
following numbers: National Guard Bureau (703) 607-2586; Army Reserve (404)
464-8490; Air Force Reserve (703) 697-1761; Navy Reserve (504) 678-6055; and
Marine Corps Reserve (504) 678-6535.